Our History and Heritage
The Corning Country Club was established in 1919. The land that was acquired for the golf course was well situated being surrounded by gently rolling hills, and included a farm house. The farm house structure was modified and become our very first clubhouse. Sadly while in the midst of renovation in 1951 the Clubhouse was destroyed in a fire. Firefighters from Corning, Gibson, and Big Flats responded to the 1:15 AM alarm but by 3:00 AM the clubhouse was leveled with only the two chimneys remaining.
A second clubhouse was built on a different site and was opened to rave reviews in July of 1952. The then modern facility was much larger and offered more room to meet the members’ needs.
In 1999 the second clubhouse was demolished to make way for the clubhouse that is here today. Our new facility can accommodate functions up to 200 people and is being enjoyed by us all.